Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu in 2 days, it is the best and short option to explore the stunning Sacred Valley before you delight one of the new seven wonders of the world MACHU PICHU. We invite you to take the trip of your dreams; sacred valley to Machu Picchu 2 days package was created especially for you. The first day you visit the wonderful Sacred Valley of the Incas amidst breathtaking landscapes, and land farms of Corn. Immediately afterward you will travel by train to Aguas Calientes. Finally, you visit on the second day the stunning Inca construction of Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu 2 days is a convenient option for travelers who are staying in Peru for a few days. Don’t leave Peru without first visiting Machu Picchu, drink the Pisco Sour, and eat Ceviche.
The Machu Picchu 2 days package is available in both group and private service.
DAY 1: SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will start in the morning to visit the wonderful Sacred Valley of the Incas, we will visit Pisaq, Urubamba and the living Inca city, Ollantaytambo. Then, we will go to the train station in Ollantaytambo to go to the town of Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU
Early in the morning, we will take the CONSETTUR bus to go up to the Inca city of Machu Picchu. There, we will take a guided tour of approximately 2 hours, visiting the most important places of the Llaqta Inca and enjoying the scenic beauty of the beautiful wonder of the world.
Machu Picchu 2 Days Package Itinerary
DAY 1: SACRED VALLEY TO AGUAS CALIENTES
Cusco to Machu Picchu 2 days package will start in the morning, around 08:00 am. Our tour leader, who will show you the best Inca Places will during the 2 days, will pick you up from your hotel. After 30 minutes of driving to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, you have the first stop. Therefore you will visit this amazing textile place where you will enjoy the beautiful Andean Camels of South America. Following the journey, after 10 minutes of driving, you have the first stunning view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Subsequently, you arrive at the first archeological Inca Place Called Pisac, where the tour leader will give you an amazing explanation about it, also he will show you the most important places from Pisac Inca site, like the biggest and ancient Inca Burial. Afterward, Sacred Valley Machu Picchu’s journey will continue driving now through all the Magic Sacred Valley toward the lunch in Urubamba town for about 01:30 hours. Once you arrive at the tourist restaurant, you will delight the tasty Inca buffet and the delicacies from Cusco Andes.
After lunch, you continue the journey through the Sacred Valley delighting the Incredible landscapes, Urubamba river, and some Inca towns.
Then, you arrive at Ollantaytambo town where is located in the last Inca place. therefore, you will explore this Amazing construction, so you will have an idea of how marvelous will be Machu Picchu. Finally, you will board the train in the direction of the town of «Aguas Calientes». After a train journey of approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, you will arrive at the station where a representative will be waiting for you and will take you to the hotel.
At night the tour leader will visit you in order to give you the information for the next day to visit Machu Picchu
Overnight in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU TOUR
The most important day. After you were delighted with the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Early in the morning after breakfast (According to the time entrance ticket to Machu Picchu) the tour leader will come to the hotel and take you to take the bus toward Machu Picchu Inca city. You will travel for 30 minutes until you reach Machu Picchu Control. It is important to carry the original Passport since the tickets to Machu Picchu are personal. Kantu Peru tours will give you a unique experience in Machu Picchu because our tour leaders will be patients when you visit this new wonder of the world. You will have time to take some pictures of the classic view. Then, you have a guided tour for about two hours, visiting the most important temples and sectors from Machu Picchu.
At the end of the tour, our tour leader will leave you in a strategic location, to explore Machu Picchu by yourself.
It is important that you have to know that there are some restrictions to do in Machu Picchu, for example, the tour is one way, it is not allowed to come back to the places already visited. Machu Picchu ticket is just one entrance unless you book in advance Machu Picchu city plus Huaynapicchu Mountain you have the chance to re-enter to the Inca city again. Finishing this amazing Cusco to Machu Picchu 2 days’ experience you will take the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes town, where you will have a delicious lunch at the Munaycha Restaurant.
In the afternoon (according to your train schedule), you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where our driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name. He will drop you to your hotel in Cusco city.
END of Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu 2 days tour.
TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT ON YOUR TRIP TO MACHU PICCHU IN 2 DAYS:
- In the high season bus queue from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes is big. Hence you have to line up like 30 minutes before boarding the bus to Aguas Calientes.
- To visit Machu Picchu the Inca city, the Peruvian government set up some regulations on January 1, 2019, to avoid overpopulation and collapse Machu Picchu.
- Re-entry is only possible if your ticket includes Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain. For this reason, it is recommended to go to the Intipunku or Inca Bridge before starting your tour of Machu Picchu with prior coordination with the KANTU PERU TOURS booking Area.
- Trains are subject to availability according to the schedule or prior to which your reservation was made.
- If you want to climb Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu mountain you must book in advance and add an extra fee of USD 65. there is a limit of people climbing eighter mountains.
Machu Picchu 2 Days Package Inclusions
- Sacred Valley Tour: Transportation, professional guide, and entrance fees.
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo / Poroy.
- CONSETTUR bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Lunch at a tourist restaurant in sacred valley tour and after you Visit Machu Picchu
- Transfer Ollantaytambo / Poroy train station – Hotel in Cusco.
- 01-night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (based on double room).
- 01 breakfast at the hotel on the second day.
- Personalized and permanent attention.
- IMPORTANT: You can choose the guiding language (Spanish or English). Guided tours in Portuguese are available in private service.
- International and national flights.
- Airport transfers.
- Accommodation nights in Cusco.
- Meals not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Water and snacks.
- Phone calls.
- Any other service not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Entrance ticket for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain: Extra Cost USD 65.00 per person (Needs to be booked several months in advance).
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SACRED VALLEY – MACHU PICCHU 2 DAYS TOUR:
- Bring your passport or identity document (DNI) (the same with which the reservation was made).
- Wear suitable shoes for walking in Machu Picchu.
- Bring a small backpack, your camera, hat, sunscreen, and mosquito repellent.
- It is only allowed to carry 5 kilos of luggage on the train.
- Book your tickets to Machu Picchu in advance.
- personal medications.
- Important to know to bring suncream and sunhat
- bottle of water and snacks.
- extra money
ABOUT THE PAYMENT AND CANCELLATIONS
You can get more information in our link TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IS IT IMPORTANT TO CARRY PASSPORT FOR MACHU PICCHU 2 DAYS TOUR?
It is important that you carry the original passport that you used for the reservation of sacred valley Machu Picchu 2 days tour. Especially to visit Machu Picchu. If you update your passport, don’t forget to bring both of them.
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT ALTITUDE SICKNESS?
Cusco city is located in a considerable elevation, many people who land Cusco, they start feeling some altitude sickness. Therefore, we advise you to visit your doctor to prescribe medicine for the altitude.
WHERE CAN I STAY IN CUSCO?
Remember that our tour start in Cusco city, in the morning we pick you up to start the journey. therefore, you can book some hotels near the main square, especially in the tourist area, otherwise, you can contact us to give you some suggestions or we can book good hotels for you as well.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY LUGGAGE BEFORE WE START MACHU PICCHU 2 DAYS?
It is important to know that you don’t need to carry all your suitcases during these two days, therefore, you can leave your big suitcases in the hotel in Cusco or we can store for you in our office as long as you show us what important things you are leaving with us.
WHAT OTHER EXTRA ACTIVITIES CAN I DO IN CUSCO?
If you want to add any other extra activities during your time in Cusco, we can offer you someday tours, CLICK HERE.
If you want to visit Cusco city by your self, we can recommend you to Visit San Pedro Local Market, Traditional neighborhood of San Blas.
WHY BOOK WITH KANTU PERU TOURS?
- Kantu Peru Tours is a Cusco travel agency that operates all the packages directly. We don’t give commissions to travel agencies or any other thirds parties that inflate the costs.
- The staff that works with us are professional and responsible. Before they start working with Katu Peru Tours, we have a training course about customer service.
- We have all the tourist permissions and certificates, granted by Municipality of Cusco, and the Minister of Peru (DICETUR – MINCETUR), which guarantees us to operate in Cusco and sacred valley Machu Picchu.
- Our Customers are our best guarantee. You can see and read our customer’s reviews. Click HERE
- If you want to get more information you can contact 👉 HERE 👈
The regular train service to Macchu Picchu, called Expedition is a basic tourist train, with all the comfort and view of incredible landscapes to make your trip an unforgettable experience. It has bathrooms and attention on board by a highly trained staff.
Vistadome train service is a good alternative if you are looking to enjoy the incredible landscapes on the way to Machu Picchu to the fullest, with panoramic windows that will make sure you do not miss any detail of the beautiful surrounding ecosystem, along with a mix of snacks, drinks included and a show on board, they make the perfect complement to enjoy an incredible trip.
HIRAM BINGHAM TRAIN
It is the most luxurious train in Peru, with which you can have a luxury experience, all included. Enjoy the multiple wagons of Hiram Bingham, where you can find a restaurant wagon, bar with open bar, a van with beautiful balconies, musicians on board, and tourist guides that will make you not miss a single detail.
Are you ready for the adventure?
Machu Picchu 2 Days Package Price
Ask for a personalized quote because the price is given based on the final options of accommodation, travel dates, and other preferences.
“Ask first for availability 48 hours before the tour date, otherwise we can not ensure availability”
MACHU PICCHU AND SACRED VALLEY 2D/1N
MACHU PICCHU AND SACRED VALLEY 2D/1N – GROUP SERVICE
TOUR IN GROUP
|Price per person in Doble Room – Minimum 2 persons
|The Voyage or Expedition Train + Basic Hotel
In Aguas Calientes: Luz Garden or Similar.
|Before: $408.00 USD
Now: $393.00 USD
|The Voyage or Expedition Train + Hotel 2 stars
In Aguas Calientes: Raices Machu Picchu or Similar.
|Before: $426.00 USD
Now: $411.00 USD
|The Voyage or Expedition Train + Hotel 3 stars
In Aguas Calientes: Intipunku Machupicchu or Similar.
|Before: $450.00 USD
Now: $434.00 USD
|The Voyage or Expedition Train + Hotel 4 stars
In Aguas Calientes: Tierra Viva Machu Picchu or Similar.
|Before: $464.00 USD
Now: $447.00 USD
|The service is with Expedition or the Voyage Train but, if you prefer the service with Vistadome Train (panoramic windows) add US$ 65.00 per person.
|Price per person in Doble Room – Minimum 2 persons
|Train Vistadome+ Hotel 3 stars
Aguas Calientes: Intipunku Machu Picchu or Similar.
|Before: $601.00 USD
|Train Vistadome+ Hotel 4 stars
Aguas Calientes: Tierra Viva or Similar.
|Before: $615.00 USD
|The service is with Vistadome Train but, if you prefer the service with Hiram Bingham Train add US$ 750.00 per person.