Experiential Tourism in Chinchero. Peru is one of the countries with the greatest cultural wealth in America, thanks to the large number of civilizations that lived in these lands for thousands of years, thanks to this you can still see many samples of the great legacy that all these cultures left here.
Experiential tourism or rural community tourism is understood as tourism that allows direct contact with living culture, through direct coexistence between visitors and a local families, who will teach them all their customs, habits, lifestyles, etc.
A highly recommended experience for people looking for something different.
Itinerary of the Experiential Tour in Chinchero
On our first day we will start with the pick up at your hotel at approximately 9:00 am, to go in our tourist transport to the district of Chinchero, located 35 minutes from Cusco city, and then enter by a trail to reach the community of Ocutuan – Umasbamba, where our host family will be waiting for you.
Once you arrive at the place, you will have a great welcome from the host family, who will show you all the rooms in the house including your room. You will have the morning free to learn more about the host family.
In the afternoon you will have a delicious typical lunch made with products from the community, and then you will share all the daily activities that the family carries out such as: herding animals, gathering firewood, working on the land, etc.
After a delicious dinner, you will spend the night at your new family’s home.
After a delicious breakfast, our host family will show us in greater detail, the entire community, its typical streets, its church and its people.
They will continue with the typical activities that will include a beautiful demonstration of Andean textiles made by our host family, in the same way they will teach you this wonderful art that was inherited from the Incas, you will learn from cutting sheep’s wool, to the process of dyeing, weaving and final finish of a textile.
In the same way, you will have the opportunity to buy crafts made by our new family, and take them as gifts to your loved ones at home.
After a delicious lunch, you will say goodbye to our host family, to go back to Cusco city.
OPTIONAL VISIT: Before returning to Cusco, you can visit the archaeological center of Chinchero, a beautiful Inca site accompanied by its colonial church, you need a TOURIST TICKET (Not included).
END OF OUR SERVICES
WHAT DOES THE EXPERIENTIAL TOURISM IN CHINCHERO INCLUDE?
- Pick up and transfer from the hotel.
- Private transport
- Transfer (Spanish – English).
- 2 lunch, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast.
- 1 night accommodation in a local house.
- Tools for the different activities.
- Personalized and permanent attention.
- Meals not mentioned in the inclusion.
- Phone calls.
- Any other service not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional).
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE EXPERIENTIAL TOURISM IN CHINCHERO CUSCO
To enjoy the itinerary of our Experiential Tour in Chinchero do not forget to bring with you:
- Passport or identity document (valid).
- Small backpack (bottle of water, snacks and more).
- Extra cash (Soles) to buy souvenirs (optional).
- Hat or cap for the sun and sunglasses.
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+).
- Comfortable sneakers for the visit and for your comfort.
- Light and warm clothes for the tour.
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho if your visit is between the months of October to March.
- Camera and extra batteries.
WHY BOOK WITH KANTU PERU TOURS?
- Kantu Peru Tours is a Cusco travel agency that operates all the packages directly. We don’t give commissions to travel agencies or any other thirds parties that inflate the costs.
- The staff that works with us are professional and responsible. Before they start working with Katu Peru Tours, we have a training course about customer service.
- We have all the tourist permissions and certificates, granted by the Municipality of Cusco, and the Minister of Peru (DICETUR – MINCETUR), which guarantees us to operate in Cusco and the sacred valley Machu Picchu.
- Our Customers are our best guarantee. You can see and read our customer’s reviews. Click HERE
- If you want to get more information you can contact 👉 HERE 👈
PRICE OF THE EXPERIENTIAL TOURISM IN CHINCHERO
This tour is done in a group and private service based on the size of your group.
“Ask first for availability 24 hours before the tour date, otherwise we can not ensure availability”
PRICE PER PERSON
EXPERIENCE TOURISM IN CHINCHERO
From 2 to more people
|Before: $90.00 USD
Now: $85.00 USD
|Before: $115.00 USD
Now: $109.00 USD
Per Private Group, ask for it with the Kantu Peru Tours Booking Department.
Take a look at our Kantu blog, to learn more about the best destinations in Peru.