The Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain is a new attraction in the Cusco region. This one-day trek to Palccoyo represents a spiritual encounter with the tutelary Apus (Mountain gods) of Cusco like the Ausangate Mountain. This Palccoyo tour is less crowded and less demanding than the Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain Cusco.
On this unforgettable visit, you will see incredible high Andean landscapes plus a red river that will accompany you on the way down by car. Also, you will see the stone forest, and the Ausangate Snowy, the highest mountain in Cusco.
The Palccoyo tour starts at 4:00 am and finishes at 5 pm approx.
Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Itinerary
The tour to Palccoyo starts with a trip to the south direction of Cusco on the Cusco – Puno road. Traveling for approximately 2 hours until you reach Cusipata town, where you have a delicious breakfast. After breakfast, you continue with the Tour to Palccoyo, going along the route to the Combapata town.
Here you take a detour to the left bank of the Salka River along an unpaved road. Throughout the trip, you enjoy beautiful high Andean landscapes and you will also see herds of alpacas and llamas (South American camelids). After 1 hour and a half approx of travel, you finally arrive at the end of the route.
The Hike to Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain:
From the parking lot, you can already see one of the mountains of Colors. You have 10 minutes to get ready and start the walk. You will hike a short walk between 30 to 40 minutes to reach the main viewpoint. From this viewpoint, it can be appreciated the 3 Rainbow Mountains of Palccoyo, the Red River, and the impressive Ausangate mountain, the highest Apu(mountain god) in Cusco.
Also, You have the option of doing a short 15-minute walk to the stone forest from where you can have even more impressive views. After a prudent time, the group will return to the vehicle by the same route. Then, back to the town of Cusipata in the afternoon, where you enjoy a delicious lunch buffet. After lunch, you return to Cusco, where you will arrive there at 5:00 p.m. approx.
The tour ends in your hotel in Cusco.
- In Palccoyo you can see rainbow mountains that are part of the same mountain range as Vinicunca. It can be observed not only one but up to 3 mountains of Colors in the Palccoyo area. The trip to Palccoyo Mountain is a less demanding alternative than Vinicunca, suitable for people who do not like long walks.
END OF OUR SERVICE
Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Tour Inclusions
- Professional guide (English Language).
- Tourist Transportation and Professional Driver.
- Breakfast and Buffet Lunch
- First aid kit and oxygen balloon.
- Entrance Ticket.
- Walking sticks
- Services not mentioned
- Water and snack
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE PALCCOYO TOUR
- Passport or identity document (can be a copy)
- Small backpack (water bottle, snacks, and more).
- Extra cash (Soles).
- Hat or cap for the sun and sunglasses
- Trekking sneakers.
- Light and warm clothes, gloves, scarf, jacket
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho if your visit is between October and March.
- Camera and extra batteries.
WHY BOOK WITH KANTU?
- Kantu Peru Tours is a Cusco travel agency that operates all the packages directly. We don’t give commissions to travel agencies or other third parties that inflate the costs.
- The staff that works with us are professional and responsible. Before they start working with Katu Peru Tours, we have a training course about customer service.
- We have all the tourist permissions and certificates, granted by the Municipality of Cusco, and the Minister of Peru (DICETUR – MINCETUR), which guarantees us to operate in Cusco and the sacred valley of Machu Picchu.
- Our Customers are our best guarantee. You can see and read our customer’s reviews. Click HERE
- If you want to get more information you can contact 👉 HERE 👈
Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Tour Prices
Our 1-day trek to Palccoyo excursion Cusco is done in private service based on the size of your group.
“Ask first for availability, 24 hours before the tour date otherwise we can not ensure availability”
|Per Group 1-3 Persons
|Before: $275.00 USD
Now: $260.00 USD
|Per Group 4-5 Persons
|Before: $315.00 USD
Now: $300.00 USD
|Per Group 6-8 Persons
|Before: $355.00 USD
Now: $340.00 USD
|Per Group 9-13 Persons
|Before: $395.00 USD
Now: $380.00 USD
Per Group of 14 or more, ask for it with the Kantu Peru Tours Booking Department.