The “Machu Picchu Day Trip from Cusco” program is perfect for you, in a short time you will make an excursion through the most important tourist sites of the Inca citadel. Therefore, KANTU PERU TOURS invites you to live an amazing and exciting organized Machu Picchu tour of just one day with the best quality service.
Firstly, we pick you up at your hotel to go to the Ollantaytambo train station in order to embark on a trip by train to the Aguas Calientes town. Secondly, you reach the bus station to start the way up to Machu Picchu Historic Sanctuary.
The guided tour takes at least 2:30 min, having a walk for the most important places of Machu Picchu. When the tour ends you return to Aguas Calientes to have lunch and, board the train that will take you back to Ollantaytambo Town. Finally, our car will be waiting for you and will take you back to Cusco.
This Day Tour can be done from Cusco or Sacred Valley, Are you ready for the best of Machu Picchu?
MACHU PICCHU DAY TRIP FROM CUSCO
- From Cusco To Machu Picchu by Train
Our Machu Picchu Day Trip begins by picking you up from your hotel early in the morning (from 04:00 to 6:30 am approximate). The pickup time depends on the train option you like and your hotel location (Cusco or Sacred Valley).
After the pick up you will be transferred by car to the Ollantaytambo train station for two hours approx.
Once there you will board the train to “Aguas Calientes” also called “Machu Picchu Pueblo” for 1 hour and 45 minutes approximately.
- Tour in Machu Picchu
Following the Machu Picchu Day Trip, you arrive at the Aguas Calientes train station where a representative of KANTU PERU TOURS waits for you and takes you to the bus station.
Once there you make a trip for half an hour more by a comfortable touristic bus, towards the main entrance of the Citadel of Machu Picchu.
After finishing the bus ride, our Tour Guide will be waiting for you to start the Guided Tour in Machu Picchu. The guided tour will last 2:30 hours approximately, visiting the most important places of the Inca citadel.
- End of the Tour
At the end of the tour, the tour guide leaves you in a strategic place, Moreover, you have free time to explore on your own and take all the pictures you want about Machu Picchu.
Then you take the same bus back to “Aguas Calientes Town” where you will be able to enjoy a delicious lunch at a very nice restaurant (included in the price).
Finally, In the afternoon you will take the selected train back to Ollantaytambo Train Station. Once you arrive there a representative of KANTU PERU TOURS waits for you to take you back to the imperial city of Cusco. In conclusion, you arrive at night at your hotel in Cusco depending on the train option you choose.
- You must consider that it will be necessary to line up to board the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, and the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes too. It depends on the high or low season. Therefore, our guide can give you some suggestions on how to dose your time properly.
- Visit Machu Picchu is governed by a circuit programmed in only one direction with no option to return. From January 1, 2019, there is no re-entry to Machu Picchu.
- Re-entry is only possible if your ticket includes Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. So, it is recommended to go to the Inti Punku or Inca bridge before starting your guided tour by Machu Picchu, but with prior coordination with your tour guide.
- Trains are subject to availability depending on the anticipated time of reservation or season.
- If your train schedule allows. We recommend you to visit the Chavez Ballòn Museum, which is the Machu Picchu site museum. It is open from 12:00 noon, the admission is free and to enter you must only show your passport.
- Another place you can visit is the Butterfly House, where you can appreciate the growth stages of a butterfly from being a cocoon to an adult butterfly. The entry price is S /. 10.00
Machu Picchu Day Trip Inclusions
- Transfers: Hotel in Cusco to Ollantaytambo / Ollantaytambo or Poroy train station to Hotel in Cusco.
- Train Tickets Ollantaytambo/Poroy – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo/Poroy.
- Bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Professional Guide (English or Spanish).
- Lunch in a tourist restaurant, it includes an appetizer and main course.
- Permanent telephone assistance.
- Meals are not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Water and snacks.
- Phone calls.
- Any other service not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional).
- Entrance ticket for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain: an additional USD 65.00 per person (Needs to be booked several months in advance).
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING
For the Machu Picchu Day Tour you must consider bringing the following things:
- Passport or identity document (DNI) (the same with which the reservation was made).
- Wear suitable shoes for walking in Machu Picchu.
- Bring a small backpack, your camera, hat, sunscreen, and mosquito repellent.
- It is only allowed to carry 5 kilos of luggage on the train.
- Personal medications.
- Bottle of water and snacks.
- Bring extra money.
WHY BOOK WITH KANTU PERU TOURS?
- Kantu Peru Tours is a Cusco travel agency that operates all the packages directly. We don’t give commissions to travel agencies or any other thirds parties that inflate the costs.
- The staff that works with us are professional and responsible. Before they start working with Katu Peru Tours, we have a training course about customer service.
- We have all the tourist permissions and certificates, granted by the Municipality of Cusco, and the Minister of Peru (DICETUR – MINCETUR), which guarantees us to operate in Cusco and the sacred valley Machu Picchu.
- Our Customers are our best guarantee. You can see and read our customer’s reviews. Click HERE
- If you want to get more information you can contact 👉 HERE 👈
Types of Train
The regular train service to Macchu Picchu called Expedition is a basic tourist train. It has all the comfort and view of incredible landscapes, this makes your trip an unforgettable experience. It also has bathrooms and attention onboard by a highly trained staff.
The Vistadome train service is a good alternative if you are looking to enjoy the incredible landscapes on the way to Machu Picchu to the fullest. It has panoramic windows that will make sure you do not miss any detail of the beautiful surrounding ecosystem. Along the way, you will be able to enjoy a mix of snacks, drinks, and a show on board too. That makes the perfect complement to enjoy an incredible trip.
HIRAM BINGHAM TRAIN
It is the most luxurious train in Peru, accompanied by the best quality service ever, all included. Enjoy the multiple wagons of Hiram Bingham, where you can find a restaurant wagon, bar with open bar, a van with beautiful balconies, musicians on board, and tourist guides that will make you not miss a single detail.
Are you ready for the adventure?
MACHU PICCHU DAY TRIP
The Machu Picchu By Train Tour is done in a group and private service based on the size of your group.
“Ask first for availability 48 hours before the tour date, otherwise we can not ensure availability of the Machu Picchu Day Trip”
MACHU PICCHU DAY TRIP – GROUP SERVICE
PRICE PER PERSON
|GROUP TOUR + EXPEDITION TRAIN
|Before: $308.00 USD
Now: 298.00 USD
|GROUP TOUR + VISTADOME TRAIN
|Before: $348.00 USD
Now: 338.00 USD
PRICE PER PERSON
|PRIVATE TOUR + EXPEDITION TRAIN
|Before: $348.00 USD
Now: 338.00 USD
|PRIVATE TOUR + VISTADOME TRAIN
|Before: $388.00 USD
Now: 378.00 USD
|PRIVATE TOUR + HIRAM BINGHAM TRAIN
|Before: $998.00 USD
Now: 988.00 USD
Per Group of 8 or more, ask for it with the Kantu Peru Tours Booking Department
“If you want to enter to the Huayna Picchu Mountain or the Machu Picchu Mountain, the additional payment is 65.00 USD”
(Must be booked several months in advance)