The Tour to the South Valley of Cusco is a beautiful excursion where you will live a perfect combination of nature, culture, and history in 3 important stages: Pre-Inca, Inca, and Colonial.
In this half-day tour, you will pass through many villages that still have their colonial houses. firstly, You will visit Tipón, a beautiful Inca temple dedicated to water, then you will explore Pikillacta, an amazing urban center from the pre-Inca Wari era, and finally the Andahuaylillas village with its beautiful church known as the “Sistine Chapel of America”.
The South Valley Cusco is available in Group or Private Service.
SOUTH VALLEY TOUR ITINERARY
The incredible South Valley Tour starts at 8:30 am approx. and the pick up is from your selected hotel in Cusco City.
In the morning at the agreed time, our transportation will pass through your hotel to pick you up and start the magic South Valley Tour Cusco towards the South East of Cusco on the route Cusco – Puno.
After approximately 1 hour trip, you reach the town of Tipón from where you will climb the mountain in our car to the archaeological center of the same name. Tipón is an archaeological complex consisting of 12 cultivation terraces surrounded by beautiful walls built with carved stones. The most surprising thing about this site is its impressive irrigation system that until today is still used for agriculture in the surrounding towns.
Then you return to the main route and arrive at Pikillacta, a large urban center corresponding to the pre-Inca culture called WARI, this magical place was made up of more than 1000 constructions between Colcas, squares, houses, temples, and streets; These buildings were up to 4 stories high.
The last point of the visit will be the incredible colonial village of Andahuaylillas where you visit its fantastic 16th-century church called also as the Sistine Chapel of America due to its beautiful 17th and 18th-century decoration on walls and ceilings, canvases with gold-plated frames, baroque altarpieces, and impressive murals by the artist Tadeo Escalante. Finally, as a plus, You can also appreciate the famous Pentalingu gate.
At the end of this visit, you will return to Cusco city where transport will take you to the city center. Arriving at the city center at 2:00 pm approx.
- The incredible “South Valley Cusco” has a duration of half a day, and then you have the afternoon free. We recommend you taking advantage of the afternoon visiting the varied interesting museums of Cusco such as The Regional Historical Museum, the Inka Museum, Machu Picchu Museum, Pre-Columbian Art Museum, the church of the Jesuits, among others. Ready for an incredible journey?
END OF OUR SERVICES
South Valley tour inclusions
- Professional guide (English Local Tour Guide).
- Tourist Transportation and Professional Driver.
- Tickets entrance (They can be bought at the door of the places to visit):
- Boleto Turistico: Parcial (S/.70.00, only for Tipón and Pikillacta, has 1 day of validity) or General (S/.130.00, this will also be useful for the Sacred Valley Tour and Cusco City tour, it has 10 days of validity)
- Andahuaylillas: S / .15.00
- Services not mentioned.
- Water and snacks.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE TOUR
- Tourist ticket (not included in the price, you can buy it at the door of the archaeological centers), bring emergency money
- Passport or identity document (current)
- Small backpack (water bottle, snacks, and more).
- Extra cash (Soles) to buy souvenirs (optional).
- Hat or cap for the sun and sunglasses.
- Comfortable sneakers for the visit.
- Light and warm clothes.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho if your visit is between October to March.
- Camera and extra batteries.
WHY BOOK WITH KANTU PERU TOURS?
- Kantu Peru Tours is a Cusco travel agency that operates all the packages directly. We don’t give commissions to travel agencies or any other thirds parties that inflate the costs.
- The staff that works with us are professional and responsible. Before they start working with Katu Peru Tours, we have a training course about customer service.
- We have all the tourist permissions and certificates, granted by the Municipality of Cusco, and the Minister of Peru (DICETUR – MINCETUR), which guarantees us to operate in Cusco and the sacred valley Machu Picchu.
- Our Customers are our best guarantee. You can see and read our customer’s reviews. Click HERE
- If you want to get more information you can contact 👉 HERE 👈
South Valley Tour Price
The South Valley Cusco is done in a group and private service based on the size of your group.
“Ask first for availability 24 hours before the tour date, otherwise we can not ensure availability”
PRICE PER PERSON
|SERVICE REGULAR (Regular Group of up to 18 People)||Before: $28.00 USD
Now: $25.00 USD
|SERVICE PREMIUM (Short Group of up to 11 People)||Before: $35.00 USD
Now: $32.00 USD
PRICES BY GROUPS OF
|Per Group 1-3 Persons||Before: $165.00 USD
Now: $160.00 USD
|Per Group de 4-5 Persons||Before: $180.00 USD
Now: $175.00 USD
|Per Group de 6-8 Persons||Before: $195.00 USD
Now: $190.00 USD
|Per Group de 9-13 Persons||Before: $215.00 USD
Now: $210.00 USD
Per Group of 14 or more, ask for it with the Kantu Peru Tours Booking Department.