the tour to Maras Moray can start from Cusco, Urubamba, or Ollantaytambo if it’s done in Private Service and Group Service only from Cusco City.
The Maras Moray Tour is the perfect combination of the best things to do in Cusco, come and enjoy the magic of Moray, a set of circular terraces located deep in a natural canyon, used as an agricultural laboratory since the time of the Incas.
Then, enjoy a wonderful place full of salt, The Salt Mines of Maras (an impressive set of salt pits), which are irrigated by an underground spring, where salt is currently being exploited and processed for various purposes including human consumption.
The Maras Moray Tour is available in Group or Private Service.
MORAY AND THE SALT MINES OF MARAS
At 8 am, our tourist transport will pick you up from your hotel, then to start our adventure through the mountains on the way to Moray located in the Maras Region. Once there we can learn about the importance of this place, its function in the Inca era and of course Take grat photos of this amazing place.
Then, we will go to the town of Maras to observe its colonial-style covering the Spanish streets and gates. After 15 more minutes in our tourist transport, we will arrive at the Salt Mines of Maras, an impressive place with more than 3,000 salt deposits, which are still being exploited by the local population.
Ending the Maras Moray tour you will return to Cusco where our transportation will take us to the city center of Cusco or if it is in private service, to your respective hotel.
Arrival to Cusco at 2:00 pm approx.
END OF OUR SERVICES
What does the Maras Moray Tour include?
- Professional Guides (Spanish or English).
- Tourist transport with a professional driver.
- Tickets entrance (They can be bought at the main door of the places to visit):
- Boleto Turistico: Parcial (S/.70.00, only for Maras Moray and the Sacred Valley, has 2 days of validity) or General (S/.130.00, this will also be useful for the Cusco City Tour and Sacred Valley tour, it has 10 days of validity)
- Salt Mines of Maras Ticket: S/.20.00
- Services not mentioned.
- Water and snack
WHAT WE RECOMMENDED TO BRING FOR OUR MARAS MORAY TOUR
- Tourist ticket (not included in the price, you can buy it at the door of the archaeological centers), bring emergency money
- Passport or identity document (current).
- Small backpack (water bottle, snacks, and more).
- Extra cash (Soles) to buy souvenirs (optional).
- Hat or cap for the sun and sunglasses.
- Comfortable sneakers for the visit.
- Light and warm clothes.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho if your visit is between the months of October to March.
- Camera and extra batteries.
WHY BOOK WITH KANTU PERU TOURS?
- Kantu Peru Tours is a Cusco travel agency that operates all the packages directly. We don’t give commissions to travel agencies or any other thirds parties that inflate the costs.
- The staff that works with us are professional and responsible. Before they start working with Katu Peru Tours, we have a training course about customer service.
- We have all the tourist permissions and certificates, granted by the Municipality of Cusco, and the Minister of Peru (DICETUR – MINCETUR), which guarantees us to operate in Cusco and the sacred valley Machu Picchu.
- Our Customers are our best guarantee. You can see and read our customer’s reviews. Click HERE
- If you want to get more information you can contact 👉 HERE 👈
Maras Moray Tour Price
Our Maras Moray Tour is done in a group and private service based on the size of your group. If you would like to start the Maras Moray Tour from Urubamba or Ollantaytambo can be done only in Private Service.
“Ask first for availability 24 hours before the tour date, otherwise we can not ensure availability”
PRICE PER PERSON
|REGULAR SERVICE (REGULAR GROUP – 18 people.)
|Before: $28.00 USD
Now: $25.00 USD
|PREMIUM SERVICE (SMALL GROUP -11 people.)
|Before: $35.00 USD
Now: $32.00 USD
PRICE PER GROUP
|Per Group 1-3 Persons
|Before: $165.00 USD
Now: $160.00 USD
|Per Group 4-5 Pesons
|Before: $180.00 USD
Now: $175.00 USD
|Per Group 6-8 Pesons
|Before: $195.00 USD
Now: $190.00 USD
|Per Group 9-13 Pesons
|Before: $215.00 USD
Now: $210.00 USD
Per Group of 14 or more, ask for it with the Kantu Peru Tours Booking Deparment