The most famous trek in South America in only 2 days and 1 night, come and live an incredible experience, full of adventure, magic and mystery in the Short Inca Trail. Tourists from all over the world are attracted to walking along these trails, thanks to the beauty of its landscapes, the beauty of its Inca sites, and the nature that surrounds it, this tour is perfect for those looking for a different way to visit Machu Picchu.
Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
You will travel by train from Ollantaytambo to KM 104 where you will start this great adventure, you will visit Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna archaeological centers, on the way you will appreciate a great variety of flora and fauna, including a great variety of orchids.
You will arrive at Inti Punku where you will appreciate the sunset, from there you will descend to Machu Picchu and then by tourist bus to Aguas Calientes where you will rest and spend the night.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This day you will visit the impressive wonder of the world, Machu Picchu. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and by tourist bus, you will go to the Machu Picchu citadel. You will have a guided tour of 2h30m approx for the main places.
Upon leaving Machu Picchu you will return to Aguas Calientes for lunch and later board the train back to Ollantaytambo, where our representative will wait for you and bring you back to your hotel in Cusco.
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
Pick up from the hotel very early in the morning to the train station of Ollantaytambo, where you will board the train that will take us to the km. 104, which is the beginning of this great adventure.
You will begin this great trekking through the Inca Trail visiting the Archaeological group of Chachabamba that is at 2250 m.s.n.m. Where along with our guide you will visit the place and enjoy the history and magic of this magical Inca site.
Then you will continue the adventure until arriving at the archaeological site of Wiñay Wayna, an incredible place with a panoramic view of the whole valley, the mountains, etc.
During the trip, you will be able to appreciate the beautiful views of the Urubamba river as well as the different types of orchids, flowers, native trees, hummingbirds, birds, etc.
After seeing the magnificent scenery that the Inca Trail offers, you will take a short break for lunch and continue the trek towards Machu Picchu and be able to appreciate the beautiful sunset over the Inti Punku (gate of the sun).
After spending an incredible day you will go directly to the town of Aguas Calientes, to be able to rest and spend the night.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Duration: 7-8 hrs
- Distance: 11 km approximately
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes
DIA 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast, you will visit the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu (2400 m) next to our Guide you will have a guided tour will last approximately 2 hours by the most important places of the Inca citadel, visiting the main sites such as: Temples, the agricultural and urban sector.
After the visit, you will return to Aguas Calientes to board by train that will take us to Cusco.
TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT:
- You must consider that it will be necessary to line up to board the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes depending on the high or low season. Our guide can give you suggestions on how to dose your time properly.
- Visit Machu Picchu is governed by a circuit programmed in only one direction with no option to return. From January 1, 2019, there is no re-entry to Machu Picchu, re-entry is only possible if your ticket includes Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, so it is recommended to go to the Inti Punku or Inca bridge, before starting your tour guided by Machu Picchu with prior coordination with your tour guide.
- Trains are subject to availability depending on the anticipated time of reservation or season.
- If your train schedule allows, we recommend visiting the Chavez Ballòn Museum, which is the Machu Picchu’ site museum, from 12:00 noon, admission is free, to enter you must only show your passport.
- Another place you can visit is the Butterfly House, where you can appreciate the growth stages of a butterfly from being a cocoon to an adult butterfly. The entry price is S /. 10.00.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Transfer Cusco – train station of Ollantaytambo.
- Transfers Cusco – Estación de trenes de Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Professional Guide (English and Spanish.
- Assistant guide (groups larger than 8 passengers
- EXPEDITION Train Ticket: Ollantaytambo – KM 104.
- Entrance ticket for the Inca Trail.
- Entrance ticket for Machu Picchu.
- 3 stars hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 01 breakfast, 01 dinner and 01 lunch (box lunch)
- Bus Ticket: Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Bus Tickets: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- EXPEDITION Train Ticket: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- First aid Kit.
- Agency Services
IT DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Walking sticks (10.00 USD)
- Water and snack
- Phone calls
- Any other service not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Entrance ticket for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain: an additional USD 65.00 per person (Needs to be booked several months in advance).
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE TOUR:
- Bring your passport or identity document (DNI) (the same with which the reservation was made).
- Wear trekking shoes.
- Bring waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Bring warm jacket
- Wear T-shirts (quick dry)
- Wear comfortable trekking pants, shorts
- Bring hat and gloves
- Bring extra cash (Soles).
- Bring a small backpack, sunscreen, and mosquito repellent.
- Bring your camera and extra batteries.
- It is only allowed to carry 7 kilos of luggage on the train.
- Book your tickets to the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in advance.
- Bring personal medications
- Bring a bottle of water and snacks.
- Bring toiletries amd hand sanitizer.
- Bring flashlight with extra batteries.
“Ask first for availability, tickets are usually sold out at least 1 month in advance, otherwise we can not ensure availability”
PRICE PER PERSON
|REGULAR SERVICE||Before: $499.00 USD
Now: $459.00 USD
PRICE PER PERSON
|Per Group of 2 Persons||Before: $519.00 USD
Now: $499.00 USD
|Per Group of 3 Persons||Before: $499.00 USD
Now: $489.00 USD
|Per Group of 4 Persons||Before: $469.00 USD
Now: $449.00 USD
|Per Group of 5 Persons||Before: $464.00 USD
Now: $444.00 USD
|Per Group of 6 Persons||Before: $459.00 USD
Now: $439.00 USD
|Per Group of 7 to + Persons||Before: $455.00 USD
Now: $425.00 USD