Enjoy with us the Humantay Lake Tour from Cusco full of breathtaking landscapes on a hike day trip. This is an unmissable tour that is gradually becoming very popular by all visitors to Cusco. Humantay Lake is located at 4200 of altitude in the district of Mollepata, 25 kilometres on a dirt road from the town centre of Mollepata. And, 3 km walk is made to reach the destination.
If your passion is to enjoy nature and trekking, this place is ideal. Humantay is a snow-covered mountain that is part of the Andean mountain range. Among these majestic Salkantay and Humantay mountains, the thaw gives rise to a beautiful turquoise lake. Due to its unique turquoise colour, the Humantay Lake generates the interest of foreign and national visitors.
Humantay Lake will make you feel a sense of peace and tranquillity on a day trip. Thanks to its natural beauty with which you will feel yourself in the centre of the world.
With a mystical air, the lake is visited by shamans and tourists from all over the world to leave offerings to the Pachamama, deity that represents mother Earth in the Inca culture.
According to the inhabitants, the Humantay mountain is the youngest son of the Apu Salkantay. They would be in charge of rationalizing and distributing the water that comes down from its snows to the populations that live at the foot of these impressive snowcapped mountains.
Humantay Lake Hike is waiting for you!
The Humantay Lake Tour from Cusco is available in Group and Private Service
Humantay Lake Tour Itinerary
- FROM CUSCO TO HUMANTAY
The Humantay Lake tour starts at 04:00 am approx from Cusco, depending on your hotel location the pickup time will be quite different.
Once the group is ready the great adventure will start in the direction of the Humantay Lake. You travel by car for 2 hours approx in our tourist transport until arriving in the community of Mollepata. Here, you enjoy a delicious breakfast before continuing with the tour.
Continuing the Humantay Lake Tour, The car leaves the main road to take the dirt road for 1 hour more. During the trip, you can observe beautiful landscapes, canyons, cloud forest, and beautiful glaciers as The Salkantay Glacier (The second biggest glacier of Cusco region).
HUMANTAY LAKE HIKE
Once you arrive at the final stop for the van, the group start hiking for 1.5 hours more approx. The time is an average and It depends on sure of your speed but no worries you will hike at your rhythm. The hike is a little bit more step than the Rainbow Mountain Tour, so try to have many stops in order to don’t get tired easily.
Upon reaching the incredible Humantay turquoise Lake, All the group will have the information from the Tour Guide and free time to explore more the place, an approximate 40 minutes will remain before to get back to the parking.
END OF THE TOUR
After 1 hour you get lunch in the same restaurant than in the morning. As the hike demands a lot of effort, the lunch is Buffet in order to recover all the energy lost in the hike.
Ending the Humantay Lake Tour, you return to Cusco where our van will take you to the centre of the city or if it is in private service, to your respective hotel. Arrival is scheduled between 17:00 Hrs and 18 Hrs.
END OF OUR SERVICES
Humantay Lake Tour Inclusions
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Tourist Transport and Professional Driver.
- Breakfast and lunch.
- First aid kit and oxygen tank.
- handmade trekking poles
- Entrance ticket (20.00 PEN)
- Emergency horse, one way (20.00 USD).
- Pais of Walking sticks (5.00 USD).
- Horses (25.00 USD)
- Services not mentioned.
- Water and snack.
WHAT WE RECOMMENDED TO BRING
- Passport or identity document (can be copied).
- Small backpack (water bottle, snacks and more).
- Extra cash (Soles).
- Hat or cap for the sun and sunglasses.
- Trekking sneakers.
- Light and warm clothes, gloves, scarf, jacket
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho if your visit is between the months of October to March.
- Walking sticks.
- Camera and extra batteries.
WHY BOOK WITH KANTU?
- Kantu Peru Tours is a Cusco travel agency that operates all the packages directly. We don’t give commissions to travel agencies or any other thirds parties that inflate the costs.
- The staff that works with us are professional and responsible. Before they start working with Katu Peru Tours, we have a training course about customer service.
- We have all the tourist permissions and certificates, granted by the Municipality of Cusco, and the Minister of Peru (DICETUR – MINCETUR), which guarantees us to operate in Cusco and the sacred valley Machu Picchu.
- Our Customers are our best guarantee. You can see and read our customer’s reviews. Click HERE
- If you want to get more information you can contact 👉 HERE 👈
Humantay Lake Tour Price
Humantay Lake tour From Cusco is done in a group and private service based on the size of your group.
“Ask first for availability 24 hours before the tour date, otherwise we can not ensure availability”
PRICE PER PERSON
|REGULAR SERVICE (REGULAR GROUP – 18 people)||Before: $42.00 USD
Now: $35.00 USD
|PREMIUM SERVICE (SMALL GROUP -11 people)||Before: $70.00 USD
Now: $65.00 USD
PRICE PER GROUP
|Per Group 1-3 Persons||Before: $225.00 USD
Now: $220.00 USD
|Per Group 4-5 Persons||Before: $255.00 USD
Now: $250.00 USD
|Per Group 6-8 Persons||Before: $295.00 USD
Now: $290.00 USD
|Per Group 9-13 Persons||Before: $345.00 USD
Now: $340.00 USD
Per Group of 14 or more, ask for it with the Kantu Peru Tours Booking Department.