SALKANTAY TREK 5D / 4N
SALKANTAY TREK Incredible The most famous alternative route that will take us to Machupicchu in an impressive adventure full of landscapes through the imposing mountain range of the Vilcanota, this tour is designed to give the sacred mountain of the Salkantay (6271 masl).
- 1st day: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SALKANTAYPAMPA
- 2nd day: SALKANTAYPAMPA – QOLLQAPAMPA
- 3rd day: QOLLQAPAMPA – AHOBAMBA
- 4th day: AHOBAMBA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
- 5th day: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
DIA 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SALKANTAYPAMPA
At 6:00 am, we will pick you up from your hotel to head to the village of Mollepata (2700 masl) on a route that will take about 2 and a half hours. In this place, we will take the time to appreciate the village and continue our trip to the area of Sayllapata. We will start the trek after which we will arrive at Soraypampa (3900 masl) to the slopes of the Umantay snow mountain. The trek generally takes 2 to 3 hours. Then we will restore our energies with the lunch and a short break to arrive to the first camping area in the site of Salkantaypampa (4100 masl).
DIA 2: SALKANTAYPAMPA – QOLLQAPAMPA
At approximately 8:00 am, we will continue on the route. Generally, after a healthy breakfast, we will go to the highest point of the route, the pass of Salkantay (4600 masl). It generally takes 4 hours from our camp to get there. We will stop to appreciate the beauty of the landscape and we will make an offering to the health of our journey before continuing. The lunch of the day is scheduled at the next stop point called Wayraqmach’ay which is a transition point or rupture from puna to cloud forest. We will continue on this route until we arrive at the camping area. The camping area is located at the site called Qollqapampa near the area of Chaullay.
DIA 3: QOLLQAPAMPA – AHOBAMBA
En route once again from 7 in the morning we will head on a 5 hour way, namely to an area known as beach or Zawayaco. Here, we will pass on the route through the sites called Wiñaypoqo and Llusk’amayu between narrow paths adorned by the characteristic vegetation of the jungle. Among which the orchids are the most outstanding – at approximately 4:00 pm we will arrive at the camping area, the place known as Ahobamba, especially famous for the quality of its coffee.
Generally, on this day we may go from the beach area in the direction of the nearby Santa Teresa district, to be able to settle in this place and enjoy its crystalline hot springs.
DIA 4: AHOBAMBA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Between 7:00 am and 8:00 am, we will go to the archaeological site of Llaqtapata. We will arrive at approximately 12:00 pm. Later we will continue to Hidroelectrica where we will have lunch and subsequently we will take the train to Aguas Calientes. Here we will spend the night at a designated hotel and get a good rest especially to be ready to explore the prime attraction the following day.
DIA 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
We will start the day at 6:00 am to have the chance to be in the first place to enter Machupicchu, we will, therefore, be able to avoid the crowd. Moreover, we will take the buses that will take us to our destination of the day (Machupicchu), on the Hiram Bingham road in about 40 minutes. For the most part, will have a guided tour for two hours. Later on, you will have some free time to walk around there.
Generally, we will have an agreed schedule to begin the descent to Aguas Calientes. Meanwhile, we will have our lunch here. Afterwards, we will take the train back to the village of Ollantaytambo subsequently to be transferred to the city of Cusco.
- Professional guide.
- Transportation: Cusco – Mollepata; Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- 03 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 04 dinners.
- Camping equipment: includes matras and tents for all services.
- Kitchen equipment and chef.
- Equipment for contingencies and first aid.
- Muleteers for camping equipment and luggage.
- Train service: Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- One-night stay in Aguas Calientes.
- Buses: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets for Machupicchu
- Waynapicchu Ticket (20.00 USD).
- Machupicchu Mountain Ticket (20.00 USD).
- Travel insurance.
- Sleeping bag.
- Any other service otherwise not mentioned, such as tips.
WHAT WE RECOMMENDED TO BRING
- Original passport or ISIC student card, if applicable.
- A backpack day with the necessary.
- Hot sleeping bag minus 8ºC.
- Clothing (comfortable walking shoes, warm wool jacket, tops, some shirts, socks, sun hat, underwear, long pants, gloves).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho if your visit is between the months of October to March.
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wet wipes, personal towel).
- Sunglasses and sun hat.
- Flashlight, head torch and additional batteries.
- Camera and additional batteries.
- Walking sticks (recommended especially for steep descents).
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Insect repellent.
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, etc. Optional.
- Suggestions: Take the services of an extra horse or ½ extra horse that will help you load your things.
Please ask for a personalized quote. The price is customized depending on the final accommodation options, travel dates and other preferences.
SALKANTAY TREK 5D / 4N
Duration: 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Start: Salkantay
- Finish: Machu Picchu
- Destinations Visited: Cusco, Salkantay
- Style: Trekking
- Service: Private