LARES TREK 4D / 3N
LARES TREK Fabulous An additional alternative to visit Machupicchu, a trek through the Andes, surrounded by incredible landscapes, lagoons, mountains, animals, etc. That will make you live a fantastic experience, let yourself be carried away by this great adventure and conquer the Andes.
- 1st day: CUSCO – LARES HOT SPRINGS – WAKAWASI.
- 2nd day: WAKAWASI – SAQSALLAULLY – CASA ABANDONADA .
- 3rd day: CASA ABANDONADA – YANAHUARA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
- 4th day: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
DAY 1: Cusco – lares hot springs – wakawasi.
The designed route will start at 6:00 am and we will pick you up from your hotel, from where we will go to the Cusco – Calca road, from this last point we will take the detour that will take us on an ascending route to the pass of Lares (4461 masl), from where we be able to descend to the village of the same name, the thermal baths of the place will serve as a way point to start our trek that will last an average of 3 hours having lunch in a beautiful landscape on the banks of the river, then we will continue our route on average of 2 more hours, until we reach the village of Waka Wasi where the first camp will be settled.
DAY 2: wakawasi – saqsallaully – casa abandonada.
The breakfast is scheduled around 7:00 am, we will leave our first camp and go to the highest point that the hike will offer us in the pass of Saqsallaully (4646 masl). Our lunch will wait in the vicinity of Mullp’uqocha, a zone of rivers birth. The day will be full of landscape among the high mountains and Andean forests of Queuñas. The destination and camp of the day will be settled in the area called Casa Abandonada.
DAY 3: casa abandonada – yanahuara – aguas calientes.
Between Andean forests of Qeuñas, we will have left the area of Casa Abandonada after the breakfast that our team will offer us, the day will give us a light and contemplative walk, that lasts an average of 3 hours, until arriving at Yanahuara, our transport will be waiting for us. After a prudent time, take us to Ollantaytambo station to take the train service that will take us to Aguas Calientes. We will have a quiet lunch on arrival at this village and we will have the afternoon free to take a refreshing bath in the hot springs of this place.
DAY 4: aguas calientes – machupicchu – cusco.
In order to have the chance to be among the first groups that will visit the archaeological site of Machupicchu and avoid the large masses of visitors that later appear, we will start the day at 6:00 am, half hour later we will take the buses that will take us to our destination of the day (Machupicchu), on the Hiram Bingham road in about 40 minutes. There will be a guided tour of two hours in the complex, to offer you some free time after that.
Generally, we will have an agreed schedule to begin the descent to Aguas Calientes. Meanwhile, we will have our lunch here. Afterwards, we will take the train back to the village of Ollantaytambo subsequently to be transferred to the city of Cusco.
- Transfer: Cusco – Lares; Yanahuara – Ollantaytambo – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Camping equipment: includes mattress and tents for all services.
- Mules and muleteers.
- Professional guide.
- 03 breakfasts, 03 lunches and 03 dinners.
- Kitchen equipment and cooks.
- Contingency and first aid equipment.
- Trains: Ollantaytambo Machupicchu – Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo.
- One-night stay in Aguas Calientes (1 to 5 stars).
- Buses: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu.
- Waynapicchu Ticket (20.00 USD).
- Machupicchu Mountain Ticket (20.00 USD).
- Travel insurance.
- Sleeping bag.
- Any other service otherwise not mentioned, such as tips.
WHAT WE RECOMMENDED TO BRING
- Original Documents / Passport.
- A sleeping bag of synthetic down or feather (can be rented from us).
- Clothing (comfortable walking shoes, warm wool jacket, tops, some shirts, socks, sun hat, underwear, long pants, wool gloves).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho if your visit is between the months of October to March.
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wet wipes, personal towel).
- Sunglasses and sun hat.
- Camera and extra batteries.
- Walking sticks (recommended especially for steep descents, can be rented from us).
- Insect repellent.
- Reusable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Swimsuits and sandals (if you want to visit the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes).
- Flashlight and batteries.
- NOTE: During the walk, you will have to carry the sleeping bag, mat and your personal belongings (your whole backpack).
Please ask for a personalized quote. Depending on the final accommodation options, travel dates and other preferences, the price is customised.
LARES TREK 4D / 3N
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Start: Baños Termales Wakawasi
- Finish: Machu Picchu
- Destinations Visited: Wakawasi, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu
- Style: Trekking
- Service: Private